Energy Positive IT
Project’s presentation & objectives
This project focuses on the design, development and validation of the concept of Energy Management system at Eco-Districts and Smart Cities level. This project, launched in 2011, is a collaborative R&D project, and gathers large companies, start-ups, SMEs, and academics.
In addition to the Software development for the overall energy performance of the district, the following point are addressed:
- Internet of Thing based metering device development ;
- Eco-district thermal and electrical simulation ;
- Consumption and production energy forecast ;
- Business model analysis ;
- Sociologic studies ;
- Interoperability and promotion at standardisation bodies ;
The software development aims at balancing the overall energy performance of the district, considering the production, storage and consumption.
The technology implemented consists in innovative information systems featuring the latest Smart grids innovation : real-time, interoperability, energy and consumption forecast and optimization.