Project presentation & Objectives
TOPAs is a European project, coordinated by Motorola Solutions Israël, with 9 European partners.
Today, energy performance certificates are based on objective assessment frameworks and models, and present major inaccuracy (up to 80%) in the energy consumption predicted value. Therefore, there is a need for new tools and methodologies to better forecast the energy performance of a building, but also to be able to evaluate and understand the performance, once the building is inhabited (Post-Occupancy Evaluation = POE).
To this end, the partners will :
- Develop an open platform allowing the analysis of a large amount of data (consumptions, t°, occupancy models, etc.), to optimize energy performances and identify areas for f improvement ;
- Provide an independent and accurate measurement and verification tool for POE ;
- Elaborate a continuous auditing methodology, enabling a measurement-based performance evaluation. This will lead to the optimisation of energy flow and control strategies ;
- Design decision support tools for building and facilities managers, to more effectively manage their site, providing visibility on how energy related decisions impact costs, occupant comfort and health ;
- Demonstrate the benefits of continuous auditing process through the use of the TOPAs solutions under real operating conditions and scenarios in three buildings blocks ;
- Discuss the most appropriate business models.